Information about Cenocef 200mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Cenocef 200mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
- Product composition:
- Cefixime (200mg)
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Cenocef 200mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Your doctor has prescribed Cenocef to cure your infection and improve symptoms. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Discontinue Cenocef and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools. If you're on blood thinners, Cenocef can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cenocef 200mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Cenocef 200mg Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Cenocef and what is it used for? : Cenocef is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for treating many infections, for eg: infections of the ear, throat (e.g. tonsillitis, pharyngitis), chest and lungs (e.g. bronchitis, pneumonia) and urinary tract (e.g. cystitis and kidney infections).|Is Cenocef used for diarrhea? : Cenocef has not been indicated for the treatment of diarrhea. Please talk to your doctor if you have diarrhea before taking any antibiotics.|Is Cenocef a cephalosporin? : Yes, Cenocef belongs to a group of antibiotics called 'cephalosporins'.|Is Cenocef safe for infants? : Safety of Cenocef in children less than 6 months of age (includes premature and newborn infants) has not been established. Please consult your doctor before starting any antibiotics in children.|Is Cenocef a penicillin? : Cenocef is not a penicillin. It belongs to a different class of medicines known as cephalosporin and it works in a similar way as penicillins. However, they are different antibiotics. Please consult your doctor regarding their use.|Does Cenocef cause diarrhea? : Diarrhea is a common side effect of Cenocef. Diarrhea has been more commonly associated with higher doses. Stop the medicine if you have severe watery diarrhea that will not stop and you are feeling weak and have a fever. immediately consult your doctor.|Does Cenocef cause constipation? : Constipation has not been reported as a side effect with Cenocef. Please consult your doctor in case you experience constipation while taking Cenocef.|Does Cenocef cure chlamydia? : Cenocef is not effective against chlamydia infections, so, it is not used for its treatment. Please consult your doctor if you have been diagnosed with a chlamydial infection.|Does Cenocef contain penicillin? : Cenocef is a cephalosporin which has an action similar to penicillins but it does not contain any penicillin.|Does Cenocef cover pseudomonas? : No, Cenocef is not active against pseudomonas. Most strains of pseudomonas are resistant to Cenocef. Please consult your doctor if you have pseudomonas infections for the appropriate antibiotic treatment.|Does Cenocef contain sulfur? : No, Cenocef does not contain sulfur. Please check the package leaflet (patient information leaflet) before using any medicine for its contents.|Does Cenocef cure syphilis? : Cenocef is not active against the bacteria (Treponema pallidum) which causes syphilis. So, it is not used for the treatment of syphilis. Please consult your doctor if you have signs and symptoms of syphilis.|Does Cenocef cure gonorrhea? : Cenocef can be used to treat uncomplicated gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (both penicillinase and non-penicillinase producing bacteria). However, always talk to your doctor if you have any infection as it should be diagnosed properly by a doctor before the start of antibiotics. Never take antibiotics yourself.|Does Cenocef treat typhoid? : Cenocef is not indicated for the treatment of typhoid by the government regulatory authorities. However, Indian Academy of Pediatrics recommend the use of Cenocef in children for uncomplicated typhoid fever. It is hence, advisable that you must take the antibiotics for typhoid fever only when it is recommended by your doctor. Do not take antibiotics yourself.|Does Cenocef affect birth control? : There is no evidence of cefexime affecting birth control (contraception). However, interactions may occur and Cenocef may affect the action of birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a extra birth control measure while taking Cenocef.|Can I take Cenocef with azithromycin? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Cenocef and azithromycin. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Cenocef and doxycycline together? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Cenocef and doxycycline. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Cenocef with paracetamol? : No interactions have been clinically observed between Cenocef and paracetamol. However, interactions may occur. Always consult with your doctor before taking two medicines together.|Can I take Cenocef with folic acid? : Folic acid can be taken with Cenocef as no drug-drug interactions have been clinically observed between them. However, interactions may occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Refix 200mg Tablet
- Rs 18.10