Information about Xylomonas 4.5 MIU Injection
Uses / Indications: Xylomonas 4.5 MIU Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and serious bacterial infections.
- Product composition:
- Colistin (4.5Million IU)
Interactions / Warnings: Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Xylomonas 4.5 MIU Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment. Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease. Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Nephrotoxicity, Neurotoxicity, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Acute tubular necrosis, Confusion, Dizziness, Muscle weakness, Renal injury, Respiratory distress, Secondary infections, Visual impairment, Vomiting.
- How to use:
- Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
- How it works:
- Xylomonas 4.5 MIU Injection is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Xylomonas an antibiotic / a bactericidal? : Yes Xylomonas is an antibiotic with bactericidal action|Is Xylomonas broad spectrum antibiotic? : No, Xylomonas belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic|Does Xylomonas cover pseudomonas? : Yes, Xylomonas is effective against pseudomonas.